The Long Buckby Feast committee run events over the Feast Week, and all the money that is raised is given to organisations within the village.
Since we started fund raising in 2007 we have raised in total over £67K for good causes in your village – a great achievement.
Any Long Buckby association, charity, group or good cause that feels it could do something specific with some of the money raised by the Buckby Feast, to benefit the residents of Long Buckby, should apply in writing to the Feast Committee, c/o The Peephole, 4 High Street, Long Buckby, Northants NN6 7RD.
- It is essential to include your most recent statement of accounts.
- If you are applying for a grant to purchase or hire equipment, or to pay (for example) for renovation work, you should include at least one quotation or receipt.
- Please give details of your own fund-raising efforts, as this will strengthen your application.
- We normally consider grants up to £500, but we can and have given grants for larger amounts, up to £1000+.
- It is possible to apply to the Buckby Feast for a grant more than once.
The Trustees meet every four months to discuss applications after the closing dates of:-
- September 30th
- January 31st
- May 31st.
Previous awards to Long Buckby organisations (Sep 2016 – Feb 2019)
We have recently given out sums of money to the following organisations in Long Buckby:-
- LB Stay and Play Group
- LB Junior School
- LB Guides
- LB Community Centre
- LB Cricket Club
- LB Visually Impaired Group
- LB A.F.C Juniors
- LB Wharf Village Hall
- LB Trefoil Guild
- LB History Society
- LB Darby and Joan Society
- LB School Wrap at the Community Centre (http://www.schoolwrap.co.uk (http://www NULL.schoolwrap NULL.co NULL.uk))
- 1st LB Scouts
- LB Green Spaces
- LB Sportsfield
All the money raised through the ‘Feast’ events is used for the benefit of the village.