The Long Buckby Feast committee run events over the Feast week, and the money that is raised is given to organisations within the village.
In 2017 we raised about £1350.00 across the various events. All the proceeds go towards clubs, associations, and good causes in the village.
Any Long Buckby association, charity, group or good cause that feels it could do something specific with some of the money raised by the Long Buckby Festivities Fundraising should apply in writing (with accounts) to the Feast Committee, c/o Buckby Newsagents.
The Trustees meet every four months to discuss applications after the closing dates of September 30th, January 31st and May 31st.
Recent awards to Long Buckby organisations (Since 2016)
- Long Buckby Stay and Play Group – match funding to help with rent
- Long Buckby Junior School – towards roof for new magic garden reading room
- 2nd Long Buckby Guides – towards weekend at scout training centre
- Long Buckby Community Centre – towards refurbishment of ladies’ toilets
- Long Buckby Cricket Club – towards new cricket wicket
- Long Buckby Visually Impaired Persons Club – trip to Barby Nurseries and pub meal
- Long Buckby AFC Juniors – kit sponsorship for new U7s team
- Long Buckby Darby and Joan – 3 course meal at the community centre
- Long Buckby History Society – transfer of Cyril Pittam’s cine films (events in Long Buckby since 1960s) to DVD
- 1st Long Buckby Trefoil Guild – promotional trip on guides’ narrow boat, badges and banners etc
- Long Buckby Wharf Village Hall – towards new windows
Most recently we have given out a sum of money to the following organisation in Long Buckby:-
- LB School Wrap at the Community Centre (http://www.schoolwrap.co.uk (http://www NULL.schoolwrap NULL.co NULL.uk))
Previous awards to Long Buckby organisations (Sep 2016 – May 2017)
We have recently given out sums of money to the following organisations in Long Buckby:-
- LB Stay and Play Group
- LB Junior School
- LB Guides
- LB Community Centre
- LB Cricket Club
- LB Visually Impaired Group
- LB A.F.C Juniors
- LB Wharf Village Hall
- LB Trefoil Guild
- LB History Society
- LB Darby and Joan Society
All the money raised through the ‘Feast’ events is used for the benefit of the village.
If you wish to apply for money for your organisation and need more information… please contact Mary McElroy (at The Peephole) or have a word with Hilary Tibbs (at the Post Office/Newsagents).