For 2015, the Buckby Feast organising committee took the decision to make the Feast Day celebrations (usually on August Bank Holiday Monday) a biennial event. In 2017 we again ran a cut-down version, as we did in 2015.
The good news is that the Feast events for 2018 will include the Feast day celebrations (on Bank Holiday Monday), and we are really looking forward to it.
Here are some photos from the Bank Holiday Feast events from 2016.
The planning for the all of these events has just begun, so please come back to this page later for more information.
The Feast committee will always welcome suggestions and offers to help plan and run the Feast, which is for the benefit of all the village. In the first instance please contact Hilary Tibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mary McElroy (email@example.com), or Janey Shemilt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will take it from there… many thanks in advance.
- Buckby Feast Quiz will be held on Wednesday 22nd August 2018, at the Football Club. (Go to the Quiz tab – above – for more information)
- Buckby Feast Produce & Craft show will be held on Saturday 25th August 2018, at Long Buckby Community Centre. (Go to the Produce and Craft tab – above – for more information)
- The Scarecrow Trail will be held on Sunday 19th August 2018. (Go to the Scarecrow Trail tab – above – for more information)
- The Buckby Feast Raffle will be run as usual. (Go to the Feast tab – above – for more information)
- The main Buckby Feast Day will be held on Monday 27th August 2018 (August Bank Holiday Monday). (Go to the Feast tab – above – for more information)
- The Feas Pudn competition will be held on Monday 27th August 2018 at the main Buckby Feast Day. (Go to the Feast tab – above – for more information)
Also, please take a look at our facebook page (@buckbyfeast).
We will be updating the website throughout the year.